Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6 Update Rolled Out By Apple
Following on from all the new unveilings and announcements yesterday from Apple, which saw the arrival of Apple’s new iPad Mini tablet. Apple has today rolled out a new update to its Final Cut Pro X software, which is now available to download and adds a wealth of new features, updates and tweaks to the film editing package.
Final Cut Pro X v10.0.6 is a notable update and now includes support for RED cameras with native REDCODE RAW editing, together with the ability to add freeze frames to the timeline, and a redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations, to name just a few.
Full list of new features and specifications added in Final Cut Pro X v10.0.6
- Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precise editing of individual audio channels
- Unified import window for transferring media from both file-based cameras and folders of files
- Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations
- RED camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing and optional background transcode to Apple ProRes
- MXF plug-in support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using third-party plug-ins
- Dual viewers, each with a video scope display, let you compare shots to match action and color
- Option to add chapter markers in the timeline for export to video files, DVD, and Blu-ray disc
- Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser and allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip
- Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips
- Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline
- Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a single keystroke
- Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle, and more
- New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip
- Compound Clip creation in the timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects
- XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third-party apps
For more information and to download the latest version of Final Cut Pro X v10.0.6 jump over to the Apple iTunes App Store.